Updated – September 15, 2017
The mission of the Ukrainian Pickleball Association is to promote the development and growth of pickleball throughout the country of Ukraine.
Specifically, we aim to:
- become certified to operate as a NGO within Ukraine
- become recognized as an official sport by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine
- become a member of the International Federation of Pickleball
- become a charter member of the European Pickleball Association
- host an annual Ukrainian National Pickleball Championship
- host the European Cup of Pickleball
- develop long-term partnerships with local stakeholders as well as international funding agencies which will allow us to purchase equipment (nets, paddles and balls) to make the sport as accessible as possible to as many people as possible
- expand the number of pickleball venues available within Kyiv
- spread the sport to other locales within Ukraine
Although pickleball can be a very competitive game – at it’s core the sport is a social experience. Pickleball is fun, easy to learn, and can be played pretty much anywhere you can put down temporary lines (taped or chalk) or use an existing court (badminton and modified tennis court).
Because of the intimate nature of the game (small court, quick paced, team work) and the fact that it can be played equally as well by both non-traditional and traditional athletes, the game is a great way to build an inclusive community of people who come together with a common purpose – being active, having fun, and making friends.
Want to support the growth of pickleball in Ukraine?
Use the form below to contact us and learn how you can help.